cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Integration with iOs Files app dropping out

Integration with iOs Files app dropping out

Dmkiz
Explorer | Level 4

I am running an iPad Pro (3rd generation) with iOs 15.1, but I had the same problem with previous versions of iOs as well. I have two issues.

First, I have tried a number of times to add Dropbox folders as "Favourites" in the side bar. It works when I add them, but then later they just disappear.

Second, when trying to access my Dropbox files through the iOs Files app, the connection seems to periodically drop out. It works fine most of the time, but often I will try to load it and it just shows me a blank screen. I then have to leave it sitting there for about 10 minutes and eventually it reloads and takes me back to the home Dropbox folder. But during that time if I try to access Dropbox through the Files app it just doesn't load. Below is a screenshot of me trying to access Dropbox:

IMG_0085.PNG

66 Replies 66

jonbader
Helpful | Level 6
Hi all. I have had some email contact from dropbox out this issue we are all having. Unfortunately it has been a very predictable interaction with dropbox basically passing the buck to apple and not taking any responsibility for the issue. I pointed out that it could be an apple and Dropbox issue but that dropbox as a platform would stand a better chance of getting apple to cooperate than us as single end users. No luck as yet with getting them to do anything constructive.

Kjellby
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there again.

I can see on here and in other various forums that there is many having this same issue across the files app and Dropbox. Have there been concluded on anything or is there any quickfix in place at this point. This absolutely disrupt my work flow and I am starting to question if dropbox is the right solution. I have been a dropbox subscriber for a lot of years almost since the very start.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Kjellby, happy Thursday! 

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread? In case you have, and you still experience the same behavior, I'd suggest contacting our Support directly, in order for them to have a closer look into this. 

If you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

skifanatech
Helpful | Level 6
This problem has plagued me for multiple years and is still a problem. It’s happened across multiple iOS releases (14, 15, and now 16), both of my Apple devices (iPhone, iPad) multiple versions of those devices (XR, 13 pro, gen 3 &4 iPad Pro), and across multiple integration apps including those provided by Microsoft, adobe, Apple, and any other third-party app that accesses dropbox files. The only common key that I can find is dropbox. The problem appears to be very random but regularly occurring. I have stopped using Dropbox for all of those activities and have been slowly moving towards One Drive. (Anytime I experience the problem with Dropbox, Google and One Drive both work fine and I’ve never seen this happen with either of those.). Hope you eventually have a better outcome but I wouldn’t expect this problem to be resolved anytime soon.

jonbader
Helpful | Level 6
Thanks for your insight and summing up the experience pretty accurately. It’s a shame that dropbox is not acting on this and there seems little evidence that anyone there has even tried to replicate the issue for themselves understand it. We wait and wish.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @skifanatech & @jonbader, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Would it be OK if we reach out via email to have a further look internally at this point? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

skifanatech
Helpful | Level 6
Sure. Feel free to contact me. I’d love to find a solution.

jonbader
Helpful | Level 6
Yes of course. No problem

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey both! I just sent you an email, and I'll be happy to see you there.

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

skifanatech
Helpful | Level 6

For anyone still following this thread, I thought I would provide an update. First of all, I’m an IT professional with almost 30 years of technology experience. I’ve been experiencing this particular problem with Dropbox for over four years. With the renewed comments on this thread, dropbox support did reach out to me.  Tier 1 spent time collecting a lot of data, including screenshots and video of the problem occurring in real time. I provided detailed information on how the problem occurs.  They then sent me to tier 2 where the tech immediately blamed the problem on Apple and closed the ticket.  It’s clear that this problem will never get fixed so if you’re monitoring this thread holding out hope, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. You might as well go somewhere else. For what it’s worth, OneDrive, iCloud, and Google Drive all work fine… none of them experience this problem.  I will be moving away from Dropbox not only because of the problem, but even more because of the way support handled this.  Without good customer support, tech products are useless.  

Happy computing.

Need more support?