cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Import from Vimeo

Import from Vimeo

BEstes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way to import videos from Vimeo? I would like to backup my videos to DropBox, in batch or automatically, if possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @BEstes, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

I'm not aware of an integration or 3rd party app that could help with this, so you'll need to download your files from Vimeo and upload them to Dropbox manually. 

That said, note that I'll keep this thread open as there might be a Vimeo user around our Community who could jump in and help or offer their own insights on this.

I know it's not much, but I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @BEstes, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

I'm not aware of an integration or 3rd party app that could help with this, so you'll need to download your files from Vimeo and upload them to Dropbox manually. 

That said, note that I'll keep this thread open as there might be a Vimeo user around our Community who could jump in and help or offer their own insights on this.

I know it's not much, but I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

BEstes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you! Vimeo says they "[do] not allow sending of videos through hard drives or exporting to storage sites such as Dropbox/Google Drive". Like you said, I would need to download each video individually, then upload them to DropBox. I have a lot of videos in Vimeo that would take forever to do that. But, I may have to do it no matter. Thanks, again, for the reply.

Keropio
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
It’s hard to admit it, but it seems Vimeo doesn’t want you to massively download your own videos once you discover their poor customer service and their unstable terms. If you wanna leave them, it will take you days to save years of work you have unsafely stored up there. Good luck!
Need more support?