cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: iPadOS 15 Files app - Content Unavailable, freezes

Dropbox unstable in iPad OS Files App.

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The problem I have is that Dropbox seems to crash when running on an iPAD via the apple files app. If I open an application that uses the files app, such as Pages or Final Draft, when saving to the Dropbox via the files app, it crashes the app and for the next 4 to 5 minutes if I click on drop box via the files app it just doesnā€™t load.

Apple has confirmed this is a Dropbox issue (I raised it with them first), and I have not been able to crash the application(s) using Google Drive via files in the same way. 

Can anyone help?
155 Replies 155

Jgeorge999
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having this issue as well. Ever since I got my I pad air. Help 

ChrisC81
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

They are never going to actually look into this or fix it.  I will keep testing other cloud services to see which ones work better.  

D4n1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes, sadly, I believe @ChrisC81 is right...

RSukie
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

iCloud works great of course. I've also had good success with Google Drive and Box. Dropbox seems to be the outlier here.

ChrisC81
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@RSukie I have some issues with icloud not continuously syncing with my pc, and google drive does not allow marking or notating on documents. 

ae6dx00
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My ticket was somehow closed.  I opened a new one and got a reply from Jake saying it was Apple's problem and not Dropbox.  I guess Megan is no longer working on this issue for us.

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello, Itā€™s been a. Number of months, and when I attempted to use Dropbox again for my writing app, the same behaviour occurred. Based on the lack of solutions from Dropbox, I can only assume this cannot be duplicated or fixed and Iā€™m left with no choice but to choose another cloud storage provider for the majority of my work.

Can nothing be done here? I would rather not move.

@Walter @Jay @Hannah 

Vince

superuser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This happens when I for example in lightroom mobile export photos to the Dropbox directory in the Files app. 

There is no error message, it just stops after uploaded a couple of photos in the background, while in the Dropbox app it shows the list of all uploads but nothing happens and I also cannot cancel these uploads.

A workaround I have found is using OneDrive. 

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yeah, its looking like that is where I'm going to go.
Thanks for the update.

Dragon Personal Management
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Just to let everyone know this is still happening for me - my work around which works well  is :

• I save the files to files app (IOS APP)and then do with them what I need eg attach multiple files to email or upload to WETRANSFER or upload to another site eg QuickBooks.
  • Using the files app there are no issue ever all works perfectly always.
  • Once I have completed the ā€œwhat ever I need to doā€ - I then move the files from apple iCloud files or local iPad storage to dropbox and remove from my File app (IOS APP)

So essentially I am using the apple software for all the uploading and downloading steps etc and there is never any issue.

So in short I use dropbox only to save the final file to as a back up - but any up and downloading steps I use the native files (IOS APP) And all is well 

OR another options

Reboot the iPad or iphone - this instantly solves the problem.

I think what is happening is there is a ā€œhelperā€ app  which is some sort of prog that constantly runs in the background if this falls over then the dropbox upload and download with IOS stops working - this is proved by the fact that a restart or reboot sorts the prob as that will no doubt kill and restart the said ā€œhelperā€ appā€¦.(might be wrong but I used to work in IT and this is my guess at what the issue is) question is is the issue within the dropbox software or within the IOS op system - whatever its a bug I would think.

Hope that this helps

Need more support?