cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Passwords app Huge issue

Dropbox Passwords app does not send notifications to allow new device

itsjustme1
Helpful | Level 6

Trying to log into my Dropbox passwords app….will not send notification to any device or computer to allow log in. Something glitched in their system the other day. Logged me out of all my account. I now cannot log back in. I can log into Dropbox, but not Dropbox passwords. Notifications to allow access to Dropbox passwords is not working. No way to log back into my passwords account. Won’t allow me to log into Dropbox passwords via desktop either….so frustrating!!

38 Replies 38

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jendavisfromca, could you maybe clear your browser's cache or try another browser and let us know how it goes?

What about the recovery words Dropbox sent you, when setting up Passwords? Do you happen to have them, by any chance?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BetsyR
New member | Level 2

I am having this same problem.  This is the second time in a few months that I have had to set up a new device or browser and it is a hellish experience each time.  I keep clicking resend notification and nothing happens and then I finally got a notification and clicked to allow and then it still didn't sign me in and I have the same screen saying to resend notification.  Then I tried using my recovery words which I do have saved and it gives me an error every time.  I checked and double checked the words.  Typed them in multiple times and they never work.  Once I finally got in the last time I checked my words and they are the correct words but they don't work.  I am in a never ending hell of trying to get signed in and nothing works.  Dropbox is signed in just fine, but passwords won't sign me in.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @BetsyR - sorry to hear you'e having issues with this.

Could you please clarify if you're having an issue with the Dropbox Passwords mobile app or the browser extension at the moment?

What is your device's OS version by the way? Can you maybe send us a screenshot of the error or the last screen you can get to? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

BetsyR
New member | Level 2

Both times it was with the Chrome extension.  Here's a screenshot or where I am stuck right now...

BetsyR_0-1715196431520.png

I keep clicking resend Notification but nothing happens most times.  Just one time today I actually got a notification on my laptop because the computer I am trying to sign in on is a remote connection, and I clicked to allow the connection but then nothing changed.  Still can't get in.  The last time this happened it was also the chrome extension and on the exact laptop that I am now using.  That time I was not logging in remotely and I had the exact same problem.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

So, you're not physically on the computer that's having the issue @BetsyR - did I get that right? 

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or using another browser by any chance? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

BetsyR
New member | Level 2

No, I was logging in remotely yesterday but I am onsite on the same computer today and still can't get it to connect.  There should be nothing in the cache since this is a brand new computer to me and so I haven't done anything on it yet, but I will try that and another browser anyway and let you know what happens...  Actually the whole point is I am trying to sign in on the chrome browser since that is what I use most so how is signing in to a different browser going to help?

I just tried my recovery words again (which I was able to access on my iphone so I know they are correct) and I got this...  

BetsyR_0-1715273944085.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for the additional information @BetsyR 

Since you'd like to use Chrome to do this, i'd suggest making sure that you're running the latest version and that you're not using any browser extensions that might be interfering. 

If your browser is up to date and the issue persists, please let us know here and we'll reach out via email to investigate further.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

billiejjackson
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having the same issue on Firefox. On my macbook pro.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @billiejjackson, have you tried the steps in the thread above to try to resolve the issue you're experiencing?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?