cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Microsoft Office Online not working: Clicking "Open in Word for Web" results in preview

Dropbox Microsoft Office Online not working: Clicking "Open in Word for Web" results in preview

byang92
New member | Level 2

I'm having trouble getting Microsoft Office Online to load properly.

When I open a *.docx document as the preview and choose "Open with Word for Web" my browser opens a new tab and the loads the same *.docx file in the preview mode. If I go to the same dropdown and click "Open with Word for Web", it opens yet another tab that also ends up being the same preview folder.

The Word for Web loads properly if I use the DropBox browser interface to create a new document. However when I close it, I am back to the original situation where if I try to open it with Word for Web it only loads a new tab in the preview view.

Can somebody help me get this working again? This situation started suddenly and is new to me.

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @byang92, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you attach a screenshot showing what you're seeing in order to understand this behavior?

Which browser are you using as well and what OS?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Smallishman
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay,

I am having the same problem with one of my clients. Windows 10 any browser and any computer the result is the same. Tried changing the settings in the Drobox account for default preview and word online. All the attempts to open in word online end up in preview mode.

Hannah C
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @byang92 & @Smallishman

I'm sorry to hear this! Are you or your clients still seeing this issue? I believe this issue has been resolved but want to make sure. Please let us know if you continue to see an issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah C Dropbox Product Manager
    Smallishman New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?