cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you used the email to dropbox option in the latest dropbox version?

symakhan
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Everyone

As we all use dropbox daily for storing our data. When backing up and syncing your files, Dropbox is one of the most popular options available. And for a good reason: it's easy to use, reliable, and offers a generous amount of free storage space. It's also available on just about every platform you can think of. This app is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and even some blackberry phones. It also has a web interface that you can use to access your files from any computer. It is more than a cloud storage service; it offers features like real-time collaboration, shared folders, and offline access.

Dropbox is a cloud storage and file synchronization service that offers time collaboration, shared folders, and offline access. It is one of the most popular cloud storage services, with over 500 million users. The new update in the app has a few new features, including an email to Dropbox option and a backup option. These new features make it even easier to store and sync your files.

With the new update in the app, I have a few questions to ask about dropbox. Please guide me:

What are your views about the new dropbox backup option?

Does Dropbox allow the use of eSignatures?

Which one is safer to store sensitive data, Google Drive or Dropbox?

How do I easily transfer all my files from Dropbox to Google Drive?

Where can I find coupons for dropbox? Is there any website that offers such coupons?

Looking for helpful tips and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @symakhan, happy Monday! 

I'd be happy to answer some of your questions! 

In regards to eSignature, keep in mind that this feature allows you to create signable documents, add custom fields, and collect single and multi-party signatures from your visitors that are legally binding for both parties all while tracking your visitor’s engagement.

Here’s the relevant help article as to how you can Create Signable Documents with eSignature.

Moving on as to how Dropbox keeps your files safe, I believe that this Help Center article will cover it. However, if you have any questions that aren't mentioned in it, make sure to let me know! 

Concerning moving content from Dropbox to Google Drive: you can always download the files/folders you want locally, then upload them to Google Drive. How to download your content?You can either use our app, sync all the content locally, then create copies, and move them over to Google. 

Or you can use the website, download each folder individually and then move them over anywhere you might want. 

I hope I managed to answer some of your questions. If you have anything else, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be leaving this thread open, so other users can also jump in and express their experiences, tips and tricks they have with Dropbox, or share their thoughts. 

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

symakhan
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Everyone Last week, I asked the group for feedback about Dropbox. In return, I got some great tips and tricks dest-ratio that I would have never known otherwise. Likewise, I gathered the following data while conducting some online research, and I figured it might be helpful to someone else with the same inquiry.

1) The email to dropbox feature is an amazing way of syncing files between two locations. It allows you to send any file directly to your Dropbox account from your email, making it very convenient and helpful when you urgently need a document or file. After sending the email, Dropbox will ensure that the file lands in the correct folder within your account. It’s a great way of keeping your files organized and secure while also providing an easy way to share files with others.

2) The new Dropbox Backup feature is a great addition to Dropbox's existing features. It allows users to automatically back up their content, ensuring that their files are always safe and secure in case of any system failure or data loss. Additionally, it is incredibly easy to use - simply select the files and folders you wish to backup and schedule regularly.

3) Yes, Dropbox allows eSignatures through the use of third-party apps. These apps integrate with your Dropbox account and allow you to sign documents directly within your account. Moreover, they are easy to set up and provide a secure way of adding digital signatures to any document with just a few clicks.

4) Both Google Drive and Dropbox provide a secure way to store sensitive data. However, Dropbox is generally considered more secure due to its advanced encryption and two-factor authentication. Dropbox offers additional security features such as remote wiping, device loss protection, and account recovery, making it even more secure for storing sensitive data.

5) Transferring all your files from Dropbox to Google Drive is relatively easy and can be done in simple steps. First, you must link both accounts by signing into the same Google account on both services. Then, you will need to open the folder containing the files you want to transfer and select the “Download” option from the menu. Once downloaded, you can drag and drop the files into the appropriate folder in Google Drive.

6) Yes, several websites offer coupons for Dropbox. You can find these coupons on coupon sites such as:

https://dealspotr.com/promo-codes/dropbox.com

https://couponfollow.com/site/dropbox.com

https://www.coupongot.com

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @symakhan, thanks for your feedback and the info provided here!

Hopefully, more Dropbox users find this useful and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know.

Have a great day!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    symakhan Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?