cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 on Approving Request Access to Shared link with invite only option

500 on Approving Request Access to Shared link with invite only option

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I have a folder A which is created programmatically in Dropbox by a user A using my application. (Dropbox SDK )

Now if i create a link via using the rectangular icon with arrow with Invite only permission and can view privilege. Now when the user clicks request access button shown when clicking on the link Iam getting a Approve request. SO from my Dropbox web app im approving the request and facing a 500 error. Screenshot attached

REL_IT_0-1705577766809.png

10 Replies 10

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @REL_IT - sorry to hear about this.

Could you let us know if the error persists after clearing your browser's cache or on another browser too?

Also, is this issue related to your other post perhaps?

Keep me posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

I didnt get any resolution related to other post. Iam trying to atleast invite or make people join to access the same.

You mean asking to clear cache before approving or from the user's end who is requesting.

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

Cleared cache and approved the same, Still same issue. @Walter 

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

Iam thinking about one more solution but i am facing bottle neck there. My App is using Dropbox sdk and also a long lived access token which is already stopped by dropbox for new generation. 

My app also has share.write access as well in the admin console. But still when i try to create a link using createsharedlinkwithsettings method iam facing the following error "{"error":{".tag":"missing_scope","required_scope":"sharing.write"},"error_summary":"missing_scope/"}
" .

Note: APP is currently in production and in use and cant risk the loss of or forcing the current  long lived access token to expire by doing some action. So I'm stuck at that level else i would at least run a scheduler to generate link for a list of the folders atleast i need. @Walter 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @REL_IT, thanks for clarifying! 

It sounds like our API part of our Community would be able to help better with this, since we're talking about an app that you've created on your end. 

I'm going to be moving your thread there, and an agent will take over, thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@REL_IT A 'missing_scope' error indicates that while the app is permitted to use that scope, the particular access token you're using to make the API call does not have that scope granted. Also, be aware that just adding a scope to your app via the App Console does not retroactively grant that scope to existing access tokens or refresh tokens.

That being the case, to make any API calls that require that scope, you'll need to re-authorize the app to get a new access token (and refresh token, if being used) with that scope. Refer to the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation for more information.

Updating the scopes on an app or creating new access tokens would not impact or expire existing long-lived access tokens.

For help with any 500 errors on the Dropbox web site itself, please contact support.

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

HI Greg,

Thanks you for the clarification, I have created a new access token and generated the links via api where it generates sub folder level links. Now that the sl token expires i lost my refresh token. Should i again generate token ?? 

Also can you let me know if there is way to delete bulk shared links since i cant have the expire feature because of Dropbox plus. Please advise. 

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@REL_IT Dropbox refresh tokens don't expire automatically, so you should store and re-use them. If you didn't store your refresh token, you'll need to process the authorization flow again to get another one.

For reference, Dropbox is no longer offering the option for creating new long-lived access tokens. Dropbox is now issuing short-lived access tokens (and optional refresh tokens) instead of long-lived access tokens. You can find more information on this migration here. Apps can still get long-term access by requesting "offline" access though, in which case the app receives a "refresh token" that can be used to retrieve new short-lived access tokens as needed, without further manual user intervention. Refresh tokens do not expire automatically and can be used repeatedly. You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. There's a basic outline of processing this flow in this blog post which may serve as a useful example.

You can revoke shared links via the API by using the /2/sharing/revoke_shared_link endpoint. That requires one API call per shared link though, so you'd need to make multiple calls to revoke multiple links.

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Greg-DB , Thanks.

But i have a problem now , Im seeing folders named tmp which are being available in the actula destination path. And some proofs are inside the tmp instead of the actual folder.

I can also see error messages like Exception in moving files.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    REL_IT Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?