cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Strange email alert that I deleted multiple files

Strange email alert that I deleted multiple files

JohnC2
New member | Level 2

I just got the following email from Dropbox. The fact is that I made no such deletion, other than putting files offline, which is not the same thing. Is this a Chatbot scam to upgrade?

Hi John,

You recently deleted 11951 files from your Dropbox account. If you want these files back, you can still restore them until 2/3/2024. After that, they’ll be permanently deleted.

These are the files you deleted:

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JohnC2, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

Which email address did this email come from? Is it one of our official email addresses?

Have you also checked your account online, to see if you can find those deletions?

You can take a look at your deleted files page and your events page for more info.

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JohnC2
New member | Level 2

Hi there: I came from no-reply@dropbox.com Apparently I deleted the files on February 1st, 2024. Again, it may be because I moved my photo library to dropbox temporarily to create more space on my HD for a project, then moved them back to my HD. Will dropbox record every move I make regarding my files?

Mark
Super User II

@JohnC2 wrote:

Will dropbox record every move I make regarding my files?

If the files sync'd to Dropbox yes, it does. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?