cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Teams account got deleted. I'm panicking, what can I do?

My Teams account got deleted. I'm panicking, what can I do?

Allisonruff27
New member | Level 2

This is my first time posting here - and I’m completely panicked. I just tried to log in to my Dropbox (apparently I had teams - I had no clue - I think I just signed up for the biggest amount of storage), and it said my account was deleted. My account had every family photo we’ve taken over the last 11 years. First birthdays, holidays, everything - and they are no where else. I didn’t see the two emails from Dropbox about my account being in danger of deletion - it was locked and then deleted August 19. I just happened to be looking for a photo to show someone today when I found out I was locked out. I’m literally sick about this and panicked because there is no one I can talk to in order to get immediate help, and today marks 30 days since deletion, and I’ve read many places you have 30 days. I’ve submitted three tickets but haven’t heard back yet.

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Allisonruff27, thanks for posting here! 

It's a great thing that you submitted a help request with our Support, I'd also suggest the same thing. 

I've notified the relevant Team, in order for them to have a closer look into the case. Hang tight, we appreciate your patience. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Allisonruff27
New member | Level 2

Thank you @Megan. I’m trying not to completely panic, but I’m terrified. It has every photo and they aren’t saved anywhere else. Newborn photo sessions, every birthday for three kids for the past 11 years. Every Christmas. And lots of professional photo sessions in between. I have been sick for the past few months, so I haven’t stayed on top of emails that I didn’t think were urgent. I never imagined I would get 3 emails and then a lifetime of memories would be erased. I am sick to my stomach and don’t know what I’ll do if I can’t recover my account. 

Allisonruff27
New member | Level 2
Tagging a few other people in case anything can be done to speed this up. I’m panicked about losing a lifetime of memories. Today would be 30 days since business account deletion, and I’m worried that might matter if it goes beyond that. I didn’t realize I even had a teams account. I only got 3 emails warning me of possible deletion, and they went to junk. I’ve been sick for most of this year, and am just now getting better. I only noticed my account was deleted when I went to Dropbox today to try and start going through the past 11 years of family photos. @Hannah @Nancy @Walter @Jay

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @Allisonruff27,

I can see that a member of our support team was able to restore your account. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    Allisonruff27 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?