cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to move a folder back to the team space from my personal folder

I'm unable to move a folder back to the team space from my personal folder

RobinH
Explorer | Level 3

I saw a question like this in the forum, but the instructions don't seem to apply to me. I noticed that a folder my whole team has access to is now in my personal folder within the team/business Dropbox account. People still have access, but it is in the wrong place. I assume I accidentally dragged it in there. The instructions I've found say I should be able to hover over the folder, see the 3 dots, and select "move," but "move" is not an option that comes up when I do that. When I try to copy or drag the folder out of my personal folder to the main team folder, the message says I can't do that, because I need special permission. I am the account admin (business owner), so it seems like I should have permission to do anything, but apparently I don't.

What steps can I take?

12 Replies 12

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I didn’t open a ticket, @RobinH, as I was waiting for your confirmation first. I’m really glad all is good now though!

If you notice the same behavior again at some point, let me know here and I’ll log the ticket then.

@RubinRolong, are you missing the option on multiple browsers? Make sure to also try incognito mode as an extra step.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RubinRolong
Explorer | Level 4

@Nancy. Yes. It's gone. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for confirming, @RubinRolong! I can see you’ve been in touch with our support team in the meantime, so I’ve left an internal note on your behalf and they’ll look into this.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    RubinRolong Explorer | Level 4
    RobinH Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?