cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate dropbox created

Duplicate dropbox created

pwerlin
Explorer | Level 3

I thought it would be easy to rename my Dropbox folder from 'Dropbox' to "Dropbox 3GB" 

Now I have two dropbox folders... one shows in my sidebar, and both showsunder Users/myname/ folders....

The "new" one has a checkmark on it.  

also, a lot of my photos in the dropbox say zero bytes and no longer exist although they are also in my web dropbox.

Which one is the "real" dropbox? how do I get rid of the other one? 

I cant seem to insert a screenshot .

( I am on a Macbook M2 chip running Sonoma 14.4)

Thank you.

Phyllis

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@pwerlin wrote:

I thought it would be easy to rename my Dropbox folder ... Which one is the "real" dropbox?

Check the Sync tab within Dropbox Preferences and it should show you the location of your Dropbox folder. For future reference, you cannot rename the Dropbox folder.

pwerlin
Explorer | Level 3

well I guess I know that now.   Preferences shows that the location is Users/myname/dropbox

but I have two in that location... 

is the one in my sidebar just an alias that points to these two folders in users?

Those both both show the same location. 

/Users/phylliswerlin/dropbox

I am not "new" to Macs, but not familiar with all the issues with file structure.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pwerlin Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?