cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a "Zombie" Dropbox

Deleting a "Zombie" Dropbox

Sabranise
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have a big issue with DropBox.
I used it a while ago and when I didn't need it. I tried deleting it.
So basically, I deleted only the destop dropbox stuff. I thought it was enough.
But now I have this white weird icon of Dropbox. And recently, a lot of my animation application is telling me that they are lacking memory space even I have a LOT of them. I realized that they are under a "hidden" Dropbox sub-file. i can't seem to find it to delete it. I don't want it and it seems to eat up space sor anything that goes in it without my consent.

Then I tried deleting my Dropbox account online. I did that and... nothing changed for my desktop.

It seems that neither my PC Control Panel or I can find the location of this Dropbox zombie I now have. But it's here and eating a whole lot of my memory space. Here's some picture (in french) showing the only thing i can find on my PC. 

I'd like to delete it forever and free up some space. Unreal Engine keep telling me that there no space but I do ! It seems that the UE5 application is telling my that he's in one of the subfile of DB but when I am checking on Files, I don't see it. It doesn't make any sense.

Could you help me ?

Thanks
 Dropbox 1.PNGDropBox 2.PNG

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Sabranise, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

The white icon there seems like a reparse point Have you tried enabling the hidden files on your computer inside this folder to see if you can find anything?

Also, did you enable the Dropbox Backup feature at some point when you were using the desktop app on your computer?

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?