cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I restore shared files deleted more than 30 days ago, if I upgrade my account now?

Can I restore shared files deleted more than 30 days ago, if I upgrade my account now?

ali11aziz
New member | Level 2

good day , I have some files that were deleted by my colleagues and I would like to ask if there is a way to recover them even if I have to pay for it if possible, the file was deleted on 1/8/2024 , and my account is basic account so if I upgrade would I be able to recover them

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ali11aziz! Hope you’re doing great and thanks for your post.

Upgrading your Dropbox account only provides an extended version history window from the moment of the upgrade onwards and not retroactively. So, if the file(s) were deleted more than 30 days ago, it may not be possible to recover them (based on the version history offered on the free Basic plan). 

However, have you made sure to check your Deleted files and Events pages, just in case? If yes, please also check your Shared tab, as an extra step, and see if you can re-add the files from there.

Finally, are your colleagues also on a free Basic account? 

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?