cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link not working on iPhone, but working with android and pc

link not working on iPhone, but working with android and pc

simona flamantes
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, from yesterday my links don't work only with iPhone. same links work on android and on a personal computer.

I put the link in my website, Wordpress, changing final dl=0 in raw=1 (I have always made this)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8sm34royqnuqvo419xeaf/08_08_23-alta-intensita-compr.mp4?rlkey=0z1p7an...

I think the problem is this string "lkey=0z1p7anguuvl1x2pkr9bn7q3f&"

in the previous links there was name of my file.mp4? and then dl=0

who can help me?

12 Replies 12

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @simona flamantes,

You always need to change parameter 'dl' with value 0 to parameter 'raw' with value 1 and nothing more. It's still the same. Before, in the query (the part after '?' in the URL) was single parameter (the one you need to change). Now, there is one more, nothing else! In a URL, parameters are separated by '&'. So, you need still only change the target parameter (not entire query).

Hope this helps.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hm.. 🤔 Ok. Try something else. Wipe out dl=0 parameter (again not entire query) and parameter separator, instead of changing the parameter and change the subdomain 'www' to 'dl'. Does the link work everywhere now?

simona flamantes
Explorer | Level 3

can you make an example? 

simona flamantes
Explorer | Level 3

thank you!! it works everywhere 🙏

AVP
Helpful | Level 6

In your opinion, will this fix be temporary until something changes again? Or this a permanent fix?  Thansk. 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@AVP wrote:

..., will this fix be temporary until something changes again? Or this a permanent fix?  ... 

Hi @AVP,

This form of link representation isn't something new, so it's not a fix. You can represent in such a way any Dropbox link (or least most of them). About are there any chance this to be stopped... Good question, but for sure I cannot say (recently many things changed without notice in advance). It seems that some link "recipients" (third party apps) have some bugs in links interpretation, better those bugs to be fixed.

Let's hope this won't be suspended, but who knows...

MaxHS
Explorer | Level 3

I have used dropbox for a year or so to upload custom Rust maps to my server host but since the rlkey change the server cannot properly access the file and simple changing dl=0 to dl=1 no longer does anything.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AVP Helpful | Level 6
    MaxHS Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?