cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the "send a copy" option? I can no longer see it

What happened to the "send a copy" option? I can no longer see it

Film Rescue
Explorer | Level 3

We've been using Dropbox transfers for some time now almost every day by going to the black "share folder" button in the upper right corner when in a folder, using the pull down menu from the "share folder" button and selecting "send a copy". This morning I find that that option is gone and the work around that I know is really clunky. How do I get to "send a copy" now when I'm in a folder?

I'm also curious why this change and want to say, don't fix what's not broken but perhaps there's a good reason for it that I'm missing.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Film Rescue wrote:

... this still isn't the same as before because it is sharing the folders in the folder vs the root folder those folders are in.

Uncheck the folders, then click the gear icon next to the main folder name and select Share, then Send a copy.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your post, @Film Rescue

Just to clarify, is the option missing from the context menu on your desktop app? 

Can you send over a screenshot showing where you were previously seeing the "send a copy" button exactly? 

Finally, is this the only option you’re missing from your Dropbox account? 

Let me know, and we’ll go from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Film Rescue
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Nancy

I've attached a screenshot. The arrow points to where I used to find "send a copy" so I could create a transfer. Now I have to find the file in a folder and right click on it in order to find "send a copy"Screenshot 2024-05-22 095326.jpg

I haven't noticed any other changes

Rich
Super User II

@Film Rescue wrote:

The arrow points to where I used to find "send a copy" so I could create a transfer.

Click the black Share selected button on the left.

Film Rescue
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you!!!

Film Rescue
Explorer | Level 3

So...but, this still isn't the same as before because it is sharing the folders in the folder vs the root folder those folders are in. Last week sharing the root folder was simply accessible in a pull down menu that was there before when you hovered over "share folder".  Thanks for this but it's not optimal.

Mark
Super User II

Move up a directory to the root folder and then tick the folder name and use the option you just used.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Film Rescue
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Mark...yes, that's what I've been doing. The problem is though is that the folder my other folders are in, has a lot of folders in it so then I have to go find the folder in that folder, that I want to transfer. It is a work around that works but is clunky in comparison to what was just one click away before. Not sure why it was removed.

Rich
Super User II

@Film Rescue wrote:

... this still isn't the same as before because it is sharing the folders in the folder vs the root folder those folders are in.

Uncheck the folders, then click the gear icon next to the main folder name and select Share, then Send a copy.

Film Rescue
Explorer | Level 3

Yay!...you're a good guy Rich

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Film Rescue Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?