cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos not uploading correctly from video editor to Dropbox on Android

Videos not uploading correctly from video editor to Dropbox on Android

Robert Dan
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with uploading videos from my video editing app to my Dropbox account. I could really use some help figuring out what's going wrong.

Basically, after I finish editing a video project, I try to export/share the final video file to my Dropbox folder. However, the upload to Dropbox always fails partway through or the video ends up being corrupted when I download it from Dropbox later.

I've tried uploading videos, of different lengths and file sizes, but I keep having the same problem. The uploads start off fine, but then get stuck and never complete fully.

I'm using the latest versions of the Dropbox app and my video editor app on an Android phone. My internet connection seems stable when the uploads are happening.

Has anyone else experienced something similar when trying to transfer edited videos to your Dropbox? I've checked online but can't find a clear solution.

Any tips on settings I should check, or steps I can take to ensure my edited video files upload to Dropbox properly without corruption? I need to reliably backup my final videos to the cloud after editing 🥰.

Please let me know if you need any other details from me. Thanks so much in advance for any help or advice!

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Robert Dan - sorry to hear you're having issues with this .

Can you clarify which app you are using to edit your files and also what Dropbox plan you're on at the moment?

Also, how large are the files in question and what are the exact steps to upload them?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Etirres
New member | Level 2
You moderator move everything and spy on us because of our conduct lol

Antonio231
New member | Level 2

Hi there! It sounds like you're having a frustrating issue with uploading your edited videos to Dropbox. Let's try to solve this step-by-step.

1. Check File Size and Format Compatibility

• Ensure your video files are in a format supported by Dropbox (e.g., MP4, MOV).
  • Large files can sometimes fail due to size limits. Try compressing the video to reduce its size.

2. Stable Internet Connection

• Even though your connection seems stable, check for interruptions or slow speeds. A strong, consistent Wi-Fi connection is ideal.
  • Use an internet speed test app to verify your connection stability and speed.

3. Update Apps and OS

• Make sure both the Dropbox app and your video editing app are updated to the latest versions.
  • Ensure your Android OS is also up to date.

4. Clear Cache

• Clear the cache of both Dropbox and your video editing app to ensure there are no corrupted temporary files.
    • Go to Settings > Apps > [App Name] > Storage > Clear Cache.

5. Check Available Storage

• Ensure you have enough storage space both on your device and in your Dropbox account.
  • If your Dropbox storage is near its limit, the upload might fail.

6. Split the Video

• If the file is large, try splitting it into smaller parts and upload each part individually. You can merge them back in Dropbox later.

7. Upload via Web Browser

• Instead of using the app, try uploading the video through a web browser on your phone or a computer.
    • Open a browser and go to the Dropbox website, then log in and upload the video manually.

8. Use Dropbox’s Desktop App

• If possible, transfer the video to your computer and use the Dropbox desktop app to upload the file. This method is often more reliable for large files.

9. Check Video Editing App Export Settings

• Ensure that your video editing app’s export settings are compatible with Dropbox.
  • Lower the resolution or bitrate to see if it improves the upload success rate.

10. Restart Your Device

• Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve various issues. Restart your phone to clear any background processes that might be interfering with the upload.

11. Check for Background Processes

• Make sure no other apps are using a lot of bandwidth or processing power while you are uploading the video.

Additional Steps if Problems Persist

• Reinstall Apps: Uninstall and reinstall both the Dropbox app and your video editing app.
  • Contact Support: Reach out to Dropbox support or the support team for your video editing app for further assistance👼.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Antonio231 New member | Level 2
    Etirres New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?