cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Regarding Download Limits for Specific File in Dropbox Plus Plan

Query Regarding Download Limits for Specific File in Dropbox Plus Plan

MostafaJM
New member | Level 2

I'm a subscriber to Dropbox on the Dropbox Plus plan, and I have a program that has several users and requires direct download of a specific file from my Dropbox account. The file size is approximately 200 bytes, which is equivalent to 0.2KB. Are there any limits on the maximum number of times or any restrictions on downloading this file by users of the program?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome to our Community, @MostafaJM! Hope you’re doing well. 

All Dropbox plans have bandwidth limitations indeed, and exceeding them could lead your Dropbox account's sharing to be temporarily banned (the first time this happens, it usually lasts about 24h, before the ban is automatically lifted). 

If you’re on Dropbox Plus, then this limit is 1TB per day, which means that once the total amount of files downloaded is over 1 TB, then the links are banned.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

MostafaJM
New member | Level 2

I have a Dropbox Plus subscription and need to directly download a particular file from my Dropbox account for a program used by multiple users. The file is around 200 bytes or 0.2KB in size. Are there any constraints or restrictions on the maximum download frequency for this file by users of the program?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome to our Community, @MostafaJM! Hope you’re doing well. 

All Dropbox plans have bandwidth limitations indeed, and exceeding them could lead your Dropbox account's sharing to be temporarily banned (the first time this happens, it usually lasts about 24h, before the ban is automatically lifted). 

If you’re on Dropbox Plus, then this limit is 1TB per day, which means that once the total amount of files downloaded is over 1 TB, then the links are banned.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    MostafaJM New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?