cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera upload doesn't work after after installation of version 324.2 2 days ago

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working - alternating between files

urbanracer34
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am on the latest iOS and Dropbox for my iPhone 13. Dropbox 324.2 and iOS 16.4.1

I noticed that it was going forth between 5 and 4 photos left. There is plenty of room in dropbox. Nothing has been uploaded. 

I followed the instructions mentioned here https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Storage-Space/Photo-backup-on-iPhone-isn-t-working/td-p/515471 for clearing the cache and rebooting. Still have the same issue and it won't give it up. 

Problem also exists backing up via cellular. 

Problem also persists after full delete and reinstallation of Dropbox on iPhone. 

42 Replies 42

dr4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

i have the same issue since today: auto-upload stuck, nothing helped.

Adrian Stevenson
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is really poor service from Dropbox. I use this App for work and this is costing a lot of time and money. Very disappointed.

Supanut L.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I am experiencing the very, very same issue! The issue started today. Yesterday, April 13, 2023 everything worked perfectly. It is only today April 14, 2023 that automatic camera uploads has stopped working. I pretty much tried what everyone else did; restarting, my iPhone, using cellular data, and reinstalling the Dropbox app. Nothing works.

TangoMarkBravo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same for me, alternating between 2 and 3 to upload.

jigoku
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Same issue here. Was working ok, since 2-3 days issue persists, reinstalling/deleting app, logging in/out, nothing works.

chrisrazzell
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Up until today I have been able to automatically back up photos from my MAC, my iPhone and my iPad to Dropbox. Today it stopped working. I have tried signing out of Dropbox on all devices and I have double checked all settings are as before and as required. HELP!!!!!

ppmartin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem today, on two iPhones XS Max (two different accounts), each linked respectively with one iPad and one iPad Pro, and all of them are stuck. I tried deleting the most recent pictures, so that the synchronisation would stop. Then cleared the cash, then logged of Dropbox, then uninstalled the apps, then rebooted the iPhone, then reinstalled Dropbox, re-logged in, took a simple test picture and... stuck again trying to upload the test picture. Bummer. Hope Dropbox finds the glitch in the space time continuum and delivers us an updated app promptly.

chrisrazzell
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Same problem for me!

Lenz67
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When i start dropbox the camera upload options goes in loop.

iPhone 12 - IOS 16.4.1

I have the same problem on my ipad air.

There are 2 photos to upload: the messages on the dropbox app is: there are 2 fotos to upload, there are 1 fotos to upload, there are 2 fotos to upload, there are 1 foto to upload, and so on ....

Lenz67
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same for me, alternating between 27 and 28 to upload after installing new version on iPhone and iPad.

Need more support?