cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot upload videos or photos on iPhone, says check network settings and try again

I can't upload videos or photos to my iOS mobile app; it says "check network settings and try again"

jennav1
Explorer | Level 4

i just upgraded my Dropbox to the paid version, and cannot upload any files or videos on the Dropbox app on iPhone.

It keeps saying "Couldn't upload. Check your network settings and try again."

I've restarted my phone, logged out and logged back into the app, I've cleared the Dropbox cache, killed the app and restarted the app, I enabled upload from "Camera Roll" and it doesn't work, I've also enabled from all the other photo albums i have (it's either "Camera Roll" or selected photo albums you can upload from) and it still doesn't work. 

That said, I was able to upload 1 selected video only.  Please help!

I'm using Dropbox Version 388.3 on iPhone Xr 15.5. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our forum today, @jennav1.

From what I can see on your last screenshot, your iPhone seems to be running out of storage space. Please note that, when uploading files from your device to Dropbox, a copy of the file is stored to the cache of the Dropbox mobile app temporarily. The Dropbox app uploads this copy from the cache, and deletes the cached copy of the file(s) after they've successfully uploaded to Dropbox.

To do this, the Dropbox app requires at least 500 MB of free space on the device. Can you check your iPhone and make sure it has this much space available? 

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jennav1
Explorer | Level 4

The error messages I'm getting are as follows:

Dropbox 1.PNGDropbox 2.PNG

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our forum today, @jennav1.

From what I can see on your last screenshot, your iPhone seems to be running out of storage space. Please note that, when uploading files from your device to Dropbox, a copy of the file is stored to the cache of the Dropbox mobile app temporarily. The Dropbox app uploads this copy from the cache, and deletes the cached copy of the file(s) after they've successfully uploaded to Dropbox.

To do this, the Dropbox app requires at least 500 MB of free space on the device. Can you check your iPhone and make sure it has this much space available? 

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?