cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I make my files online-only on my new computers?

How can I make my files online-only on my new computers?

Michael Boucher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have two new computers and want to have online only files, but have all the folders and structure on my computer. Clicked off of "all sync" because I did not want the files on, but I can't see any files on the computer.

I want to see the files, but have them stored in the cloud. I have done this before but cannot remember the clicks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dharam_dropbox
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

For the folders/files you want to be visible on computer but not take any space, you can mark them online only using one of the options below:

1. Right click on that folder, and choose `Make Online-Only`

2. Click on Dropbox tray icon, then click on your profile image, choose `Manage Hard drive space` and there you can bulk choose which folders you want to mark online-only.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dharam_dropbox
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

For the folders/files you want to be visible on computer but not take any space, you can mark them online only using one of the options below:

1. Right click on that folder, and choose `Make Online-Only`

2. Click on Dropbox tray icon, then click on your profile image, choose `Manage Hard drive space` and there you can bulk choose which folders you want to mark online-only.

Need more support?