cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files on my Mac DropBox folder, not available in DropBox online

Files on my Mac DropBox folder, not available in DropBox online

WileEC_ID
New member | Level 2

I have searched and not finding a thread that covers this, though I can't be the only one . . .

I have a DropBox folder created by the app on my Mac - I have been using this for years - files I add to this on my desktop iMac, or Mac Studio, were always readily available via the DropBo app on my iPhone, or iPad - to be used or shared. Something has changed recently, so that neither single files, nor folders of files added on the desktop are available within the DropBox app on the mobile devices. The only place these files seem to exist is the desktop Mac I created them on.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

That almost certainly sounds like Dropbox isnt running. 

Have you looked to see the icon at the top on the status bar? If it is there what does it say if you mouse over it? 

If not run it from apps or download an update from www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

That almost certainly sounds like Dropbox isnt running. 

Have you looked to see the icon at the top on the status bar? If it is there what does it say if you mouse over it? 

If not run it from apps or download an update from www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

WileEC_ID
New member | Level 2

Thank you - I missed the obvious. For whatever reason, the app wasn't running, and I missed that. When I relaunched the app, I'm seeing the files I expect to see, on the mobile devices.

The icon is also suggesting there are syncing issues with two files, and it lists them, but I've searched and I can't find those files - neither examining the only location they SHOULD be, nor doing a search of just DropBox, nor the computer. It lists the file name and the error: Couldn't download. Remove incompatible characters, providing two options below: View file, and Learn More. The later takes me to help pages with greater detail - the former does nothing. I can see no way to clear these two listed sync issues. Perhaps they will disappear on their own, in time.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

WileEC_ID New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?