cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Transfer Logo size? Branding

Dropbox Transfer Logo size? Branding

Cain57
Explorer | Level 4

We have Dropbox Transfer and are very happy with it. 

Question I added our logo to the branding portion, the only problem is in the email our logo is Ginormous! 

How can I make our logo smaller???

What file type for our logo is best??

If our log is not a vector graphic, what dimensions are best for branding logos?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Yes, this makes sense since the optimal image ratio for backgrounds is to use "square" images, where the height and the width of the image is the same.

Note that the logo you upload must be under 10 MB in size, and should be a .png or .jpg file while you can also crop it after uploading it. 

Background images will be cropped to a 1:1 ratio and displayed at a height and width of 350 pixels, regardless of the size of the user's browser window or the original dimensions of the uploaded image.

When it comes to the integration with Outlook, you can post your suggestion in the Share an Idea section following these tips

I hope this helps and please keep me posted @Cain57 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Cain57 - thanks for using Dropbox and happy Monday!

Could you maybe send us a screenshot of the issue so that we can have a visual too?

What file type and how large is your current logo? 

We don't have any recommended dimensions for your logo, but could you let us know what dimensions you've tried so far?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Cain57
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Walter.  Actually I added a social media link to LinkedIn and it shrunk my branding logo a little bit, so it does not look as bad. I also used a rectangular logo which worked better as well.

What file types are acceptable??  Can I use vector graphics?

I'll fiddle with it and take some screenies so you can see what I'm talking about, thank you for the follow-up.  Love Dropbox Transfer, would love integration with outlook. 

Take care

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Yes, this makes sense since the optimal image ratio for backgrounds is to use "square" images, where the height and the width of the image is the same.

Note that the logo you upload must be under 10 MB in size, and should be a .png or .jpg file while you can also crop it after uploading it. 

Background images will be cropped to a 1:1 ratio and displayed at a height and width of 350 pixels, regardless of the size of the user's browser window or the original dimensions of the uploaded image.

When it comes to the integration with Outlook, you can post your suggestion in the Share an Idea section following these tips

I hope this helps and please keep me posted @Cain57 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Cain57
Explorer | Level 4

Thx Walter, very helpful!

Need more support?