cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dates of Modified Folders By Other Users Not Updating

Dates of Modified Folders By Other Users Not Updating

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 7

Ever since updating to File Provider on Mac (which fixed the issue with auto-downloading of files for Adobe projects, thanks) my Dropbox folder "modified" dates on my Mac do not update when the folders were modified by other users on our team. 

For example, if I modify a folder, and I've sorted by Date Modified, that folder rises to the top of my Finder view immediately.

However, if some other team member has modified that folder, it doesn't rise to the top of my Finder view until AFTER I go into the folder. It's as if the view is no longer refreshing properly from Dropbox, as it doesn't realize the folder was modified until I click into it. 

Before the Dropbox changes this used to work just fine, as expected. If a folder had been modified, no matter by who, its Last Modified always updated immediately and my sort worked fine. 

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @j2762mm - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please clarify your device's exact OS version and the version and status of the Dropbox desktop app?

Also, does rebooting or refreshing your Finder's window help improve matters at all?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 7

Thank you.

OS version is 14.0 (23A344). Force quitting Finder doesn't seem to change anything, nor does restarting the computer. This has been ongoing for a while so I've been through various restarts and it's a consistent issue. 

Dropbox status is normal, "your files are up to date" and everything syncing without issue. Version is 201.4.5552

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for the additional information @j2762mm 

In this case, I'd suggest getting in contact with our support team directly for further assistance as they'll be better equipped to help with account and device specific information.

Let us know if you have anything else to add or ask in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 7

Well just so the public can see, this is still not resolved.

Shortly after contacting Dropbox's support I was put in touch with a higher level tech who was gathering info from me. At some point the ticket closed and I could never get in touch with that same person again.

I repeatedly contacted support again, but due to either a bad ticket system, incompetence, or something else, they never were able to put me back in touch with the guy who was working with me. 

Giant waste of time, still spending thousands per year on Dropbox and yet another busted feature and nobody seems to care. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

j2762mm Helpful | Level 7
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?