cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Starred Widget does not update

iOS Starred Widget does not update

Jezzac
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all

The Dropbox Starred Widget on my iPhone is a great tool to open starred files quickly and is something that I want to use all the time.  However, I change my starred files all the time - eg every day I save a pdf diary sheet which I 'star' and 'de-star' daily.   But this is not reflected in the widget - the widget only shows those files starred when the widget was created.

Is the Starred Widget supposed to be dynamic and refresh regularly or am I missing something?

Thx

Jezzac

- iOS 14.4 on iPhone 12.

6 Replies 6

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Jezzac, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you send me a screenshot of where you're referring to?

Also, if you force close and re-open the Dropbox app on your iPhone, does this update the starred files?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ProlificDragonair
Explorer | Level 4

I also have this issue. The files listed in this widget will not change under any circumstances. Restarting Dropbox, adding and removing the widget, nothing makes any difference. It would be great if the engineers at Dropbox would try testing their code for this feature.

ProlificDragonair
Explorer | Level 4

Had to restart my ipad to get it to update.

missink
New member | Level 2

Same. Also, there are folders that I keep unstarring but they keep reappearing. Makes the widget useless to me. It's a shame, because it could be really convenient.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @missink - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let us know your device's exact OS version and the version of the Dropbox mobile app installed there as well?

Any additional information or screenshots are more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

CoachKevin
Explorer | Level 3
I also have this bug and I’m wondering, how is it that it still hasn’t been fixed in over three years? Any idea of when they will take a look at it? And this appears on both my iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17.5.1) as well as my iPad Pro (iOS 17.5.1).
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CoachKevin Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    missink New member | Level 2
    ProlificDragonair Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?