cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows 11

On Windows 11, I can't access photos

KWWater
Explorer | Level 3

After upgrading to Windows 11.  I am unable to access photos through file explorer, or attache to email, it is telling me the format is currently unsupported or the file is corrupted.  Is this the upgrade or something to do with Dropbox?

15 Replies 15

btu001
New member | Level 2

my windows 10 installation of Dropbox was "NOT" running at all, which was a first. I went to sys tray and found it gone. I then clicked on the Dropbox app in the start menu and it came back up in sys tray and started syncing. Weird... that has never happened. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @surobmcd, could you attach a screenshot of the error message you're getting on your device? Are these photos you've uploaded to your account via the camera uploads feature, or by uploading them manually?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

surobmcd
New member | Level 2

Actually, I noticed that Dropbox was no longer syncing on my desktop (no icon in the desktop tray). Once I fixed this, it worked fine.  (And I was getting the same error as the original poster. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

No worries, glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JayGallimore
New member | Level 2

Actually, synching is my problem.  Windows 11 file explorer will preview any photo file I download until it synchs with Dropbox and then there is no previewing.  I have thousands of photos synched with Dropbox none of which is previewable. Dropbox synching is changing something that prevents file explorer from previewing.  What could that be?  This is annoying and actually does not allow me to process my photos efficiently.  Maybe there is another platform other than Dropbox that is friendlier.  This used to work but suddenly did not.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JayGallimore - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let us know the status and version of the Dropbox desktop app as shown in your taskbar? 

A screenshot of how the files look as well would be much appreciated. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?