cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Conext menu options (right click) no longer show

No Option to "Make Available Offline."

Jayson L.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Honestly, this seemingly late "bringing to the forefront" (I guess you'd call it) of the whole "Online Only" vs. "Make Available Offline" thing has been more of a headache than a help, if I may offer my opinion.

I purchased a new ultra-portable Windows computer which has a 256GB SSD on board, but I plan on using my Dropbox files with it, and I have well over 256GB worth of stuff in my Dropbox.

The thing is that I'm often in situations in which I need offline access to my files.

So I purchased a 1 TB microSD card, which will never leave its slot in this machine. Heck, I can't even retrieve it, it seems.

I mounted it so that it isn't considered "Removable Media" by the computer, and then I proceeded to install Dropbox on the computer, with the intent of using the 1 TB card exclusively for Dropbox content...offline.

I left my machine to sync overnight, and what do you know? Everything has a stupid cloud next to it.

I have no option to "Make Available Offline," either in the file/folder context menu or in the Dropbox application > Preferences > Sync menu.

If this is by design, it's a pitifully stupid design.

I'm going to whatever lengths I can to make this work the way I envision, but I'm going to be awfully disappointed if Dropbox doesn't respect use cases that might not necessarily conform to a narrow definition.

If it's an issue with a recent update to the application, then please bug the developers posthaste.

125 Replies 125

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Fantastic news, @TERRACE_87

If you need anything else, you know where to find us. Enjoy the rest of your week ahead! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TERRACE_87
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

It has reverted to not showing those Dropbox options in the context menu. I still have Early releases turned off. I tried toggling it back on then off but it still doesn't show those options.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TERRACE_87 wrote:

It has reverted to not showing those Dropbox options in the context menu. I still have Early releases turned off.

And are you back on a beta version of Dropbox as well? Check your version number again. If the middle number is a 3, as in v160.3.4611, then you're on a beta again.

TERRACE_87
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I am on v159.4.5870

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @TERRACE_87, it might sound trivial, but have you tried re-booting your device at all? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

TERRACE_87
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Yes, I have. As well as force close Dropbox and re-open it.

For what it's worth, I am on Windows 11 version 22H2.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the added info @TERRACE_87!

Do you notice this behavior for all of your files/folders, when you right click on them? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

TERRACE_87
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Yes, I do. I tried different folders and file types. All the same thing.

Before you tell me to uninstall and reinstall Dropbox, know that I have over 116 GB of space on my PC through Dropbox alone. I've done that before and it takes forever to re-sync.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @TERRACE_87, is the Dropbox desktop application running, and with syncing unpaused, when you're right clicking files to see the context menu from a file directly in the Dropbox folder (and not via a search window)?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

langshipley
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Hi, this has been happening intermittently and usually reappears upon a reboot but this time, it does seem to be the case. The Dropbox menu options when I right-click in Windows Explorer on a file or folder is missing, so I cannot share or copy the Dropbox link, etc. I am using the Dropbox app version 159.4.5870. Windows version  - MS Windows 11 Home, version 10.0.22621 Build 22621. Would appreciate some help in resolving this so that the menu comes back permanently. Thanks. Please see image below for example of missing menu options for Dropbox. 

Bloggity images x1080 sq.jpg

Need more support?