cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need feedback about the File Provider Migration

Need feedback about the File Provider Migration

Bob R.4
Collaborator | Level 10

Running Mac OS 14.3 on an IMac. Considering the migration of Dropbox to the new File Provider and I'd love to get some feedback from anyone who has done so already. How is the update working for you? Any major headaches, issues or red flags? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Bob R.4, thanks for posting today!

I'll leave this post open for any users who wish to contribute their responses.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jason R. C.
Helpful | Level 6

I've been using the File Provider for over a year without any issues. I vastly prefer it. One pitfall to watch out for is if you use time machine to backup or otherwise want to install Dropbox on a new machine with File Provider, you can't. You always have to start with the classic mode, then sync, then migrate, which is just clunky.

Bob R.4
Collaborator | Level 10

Thank you very much for your insight.  To clarify, I am in fact currently using Dropbox in conjunction with a Time Machine back up of my iMac. I have my Dropbox folder in my user folder. I assume that when I implement File Provider and File Provider moves my default dropbox folder location what effect will this have my my Time Machine Backup? If you could expound on/clarify that I would greatly appreciate it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bob R.4 Collaborator | Level 10
    Jason R. C. Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?