cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finder search no longer working after update

Dropbox is not searchable in Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

robinwn
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dropbox files/folders are not searchable in spotlight on new MacBook Pro with M1 chip - Monterey OS 12.0.1. Have re-indexed spotlight. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox and rebooted. Have made sure Dropbox has full access in Security and Privacy. Help please?

181 Replies 181

MarkBarLev
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It looks like your solution worked for me too. Thanks so much. It was so frustrating.

davidarden
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@MarkBarLev Sweet - glad to hear it!

bri_guy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I updated Dropbox to version v159.4.5870 on my Mac, which (as expected) moved the files to ~/Library/CloudStorage. Now, searching my Dropbox folder in Finder no longer works - zero results returned, every time. I'm running Mac OS 12.6. Any idea how to fix this?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @bri_guy, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do the files have a cloud icon next to them, or a green tick?

Are you searching for the file name, or a keyword inside the file itself?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vmkirin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue. What's more, my apps on Mac OS 12.6 can't see any DropBox files. I literally can't work right now, as one of my apps uses a database located inside of DropBox. I updated to the new version of DropBox last week, and assume all would be synced by now. I tried selecting "make files available offline" but no change. Help!

bri_guy
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am trying to search for the file name. There is neither a green tick nor a cloud icon as you can see in the attached screenshot. FYI, the Dropbox app IS running and when right-clicking, I see all the expected options: View on Dropbox, Make Available Offline, etc.

Screenshot_2022-10-24 06.53.42_xqUIFj.png

vmkirin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hmmm. For me, if I open DropBox from the DropBox icon, it takes me to the expected folder with all my items. But if I look in Finder for DropBox it doesn't exist, and my apps can't find it to open any files or databases therein. I tried to make a Finder hotlink in the Finder sidebar to the DropBox folder that opened from the icon, but no dice. Hope they can help us soon.

Rjd223
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you so much, this has prevented me from buying a new windows laptop now!

Search hasn’t worked for months and nothing I could find could sort it out. Tried this and it’s working great now!

Was impossible to work efficiently before, having to have Dropbox open in a browser window to find out where files are and the LN manually opening them in finder!

Thanks again 👍

eidooo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Worked like a charm

macOS Monterey 12.6 (21G115)

Dropbox v161.2.3938 (Beta)

Many Thanks

ChrisGaff
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This worked... thank you so much!!! 🥳