cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox syncing 28 files forever

Dropbox syncing 28 files forever

frogtheme
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox is syncing 28 files forever.

frogtheme_0-1694924097778.png

How do I know wich files are these?

How can I solve this problem?

7 Replies 7

aconcatherine
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue, my Dropbox has been syncing 1 file forever and stopped syncing the rest of the files i've been working on. 

Previouslly I'd had the same problem and it got solved when I selectively synced less than 350Gb from my computer. However, this time I tried again the same method and got to selectively sync about 250Gb and it still had the same problem. The Dropbox help I requested said something about some programs running on the background but finally couldn't help at all since he said I didn't have administrator permits... I'm still having the problem and aren't being able to keep my files synced. I'm afraid many of my files aren't being backed up at this moment. 

aconcatherine
New member | Level 2

frogtheme, I read on other comments from people having similar issues. Maybe you can try changing to a previous Dropbox or wait until a newer one. Another member said that fixed their problem. This will be my next option to try now and see if that solves my problem. Good luck!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @frogtheme, sorry to hear about this.

Could you let us know how long has the desktop app been stuck at syncing?

If you could also send us a screenshot of the app's exact status and version as shown in your menu bar, I'd appreciate it. While we're at it, have you rebooted your computer at all lately? 

Does that number appear to change or does it remain the same? Are there any sync issues showing in the the options under the avatar on the top right?

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

frogtheme
Explorer | Level 4

It's stuck for days now. Other files seems to be syncing, just a little slower than usual.

frogtheme_0-1695043128409.png

I've rebooted the bomputer sereval times.

I tried installing dropbox again and deleted the dropbox cache folder.

The number only changes when there is other things syncing. But these 28 remains there a never sync.

There is no sync issues, the sync issues I had before I solved by renaming the files.

EvanDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi @frogtheme, thanks for the reply!

Can you tell me approximately how many files are syncing locally on your computer? To check this, you can right click on your Dropbox folder and then click properties. That should bring up the overall number of files.

Additionally, are there any other apps currently running in the background that might interfere with Dropbox? Such as an antivirus for example.

Can you also try closing any other apps temporarily and see if anything changes alongside restarting your router?

Keep me updated!

Evan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

frogtheme
Explorer | Level 4

frogtheme_0-1695269380121.png

I tried closing other apps, but the problem persists.

I already restart my router everyday.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional info here, @frogtheme.

The performance of the Dropbox desktop app can decline if you have more than 300K files synced to your computer.

Can you try to remove some folders, using selective sync, to see if that helps?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    frogtheme Explorer | Level 4
    EvanDBX Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?