cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox asking me to sign in to the app every time I get on my computer - How can I remove it?

Dropbox asking me to sign in to the app every time I get on my computer - How can I remove it?

ReallyAnnoyedWithDragon
New member | Level 2

Every time I turn on my Mac, this drop box sign in prompt appears (second image below), and there is also a drop box logo in the menu bar on the top right corner of my screen (black strip, first icon in pic below). I never did anything to make this happen, and I cannot get rid of it. 

I have an old drop box account that I never use. I have no idea how this happened, and have no need for this to appear every time I turn on my computer.

I feel hijacked by drop box and I'm really annoyed. Because I don't have a paid plan I can't get any direct help of any kind from drop box. This is really bad and really wrong. I have their stuff on my computer that I can't get rid of and there is no way to ask them for help! 

Can someone please help me get rid of this? I'd be SO grateful. Thank you so much. 🙏

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 12.03.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 11.46.03 AM.png

10 Replies 10

Rich
Super User II

@Sarahltc wrote:

I don't have a 'Quit' option. Would 'Log out' be the same?

No, it's not the same. Please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing, being sure to mask any private information.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Sarahltc New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?