cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ZsoltN, thanks for contacting us!

Are you using ESET antivirus software on that one PC device? Do you have any other software that could be affecting your connection to the Dropbox site?

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tmsoftdv
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Как исправить ошибку соединения, в следствии неверной системной даты? У меня правильная системная дата и время, но дропбокс выдает ошибку, что не может соединиться из-за не верной системной даты

ViperGTS2001
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Me too have this issue, Using Eset anti virus. Disabed it still can't work. Restarted router, re installed Dropbox app on my windows 10, Checked my date and time system time. Everything i done still can't get dropbox to work. Only using firefox to access my dropbox with no issue.

Enkil
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi everyone,

I have Dropbox installed on a computer with Windows 10, Eset antivirus and Malwarebytes.

Since yesterday Dropbox app is having problems connecting to Internet. I have tried to add it to Windows Defender Antivirus but it is still not working.

I haven't changed anything in the last week and my account is working on a Mac without problems

Any idea what could it be?

Thanks

macleon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue with ESET Internet Security, try to add in eset firewall rules to ignore but still failed.

Maybe the step is wrong. Can I get more detail step on how to resolve this?

Jamatan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

For any Eset user, this is the answer. 👍 @bioman

Link to Bioman's Post 

nmavro73
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same problem. One laptop connects. The other does not. Time is OK and the laptop is not offline

nmavro73
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have exactly the same problem with one of the laptops. Internet is OK and time clock as well

Poseidon_Simons
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

since yesterday I have "can not establish secure connection" Re-installed the app and checked no-proxy but still it thinks my pc is not connected online. Help?

glam72
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue. I just noticed yesterday the red X on the Dropbox icon on my taskbar....I just updated my computer and restarted, and it's still there. Nothing else has changed.

any tips?

Need more support?