cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't establish secure connection date and time worng

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

APmobile
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Grazie mille!!!! Ci sono riuscito, era quel problema e grazie di avermi segnalato il post!

ZsoltN
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi everyone !

My main problem is now that Dropbox is saying that I cant establish secure internet connection. I tried every possible way to fix this problem. I changed proxy to no proxy, updated the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, ran compatibility on windows, changed the time on windows menu. This message comes only from one pc device, on the other 3 device dropbox is working very well without any problems. I would like to ask for your help, waiting for fast responses ! Thank you in advance, Zsolt

Ulf_Holm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had a chat with the support desk at Dropbox. They guided me through a procedure to install a new version - 112.3.254. It fixed the problem on both of my machines. I asked them to publish the fix on this thread of the forum. He said he will alert it. If nothing comes, contact the helpdesk.

Lars B
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think Dropbox must solve the problem!!! It is something in their latest update that is the problem.

US8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

What I did for now removed the new ver. 111 and instaled the 100 ver.
But you have to force it not update by delete or even make a copy of "Update" folder and then rename or delete it . Becuase it keeps update it to 111. (For me and others this a temporary (future) solution)

I wish someone in Dropbox will fix it , I know this problems happend long time ago and it keeps happens again and again.
I also install in in my other laptop win windows 10  there it seems to be working good so far (few hours only)

For me it helped as a permanent fix - Link
Thanks @bioman

US8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Daphne I have to same problem here-  Link
The problem seems to be in 111 new ver on windows 7, I install 100 ver and it works great. But I don't have I way to force it not to update to 111 part of delete "Update" folder 😞 

Please check it out.. it force me to stuck on older ver. for no reason. 
And I try No proxy , antivirus, date and time.
Thanks

Tracey_C
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

New on my DropBox today - Cannot establish internet connection.

Reading the community, I guess it's from the latest version uploaded by DropBox.

I understand there is a Beta fax - when will there be an official fix??

Ray W.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am getting the message "Can't establish a secure Internet Connection". I have been using Dropbox for years on this computer without probllems. I have paused my antivirus program (ESET Node 32). Downloaded the latest version of Dropbox. The time is correct on the computer. But still no good.

US8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Did you try this (before my previous post)? Link
I have eset, but for now I don't want to mass things up.
@atypicalv

atypicalv
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@USB  Thanks for the link! Have ESET and that workaround did the trick :slight_smile:

Need more support?