cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't establish secure connection date and time worng

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

jagrab
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem.

Mauro BZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dopo che l'app Dropbox ( in Windows 10 ) si è aggiornata automaticamente all'ultima versione 111.4.472, viene visualizzato il messaggio "Impossibile stabilire una connessione sicura".

Ho controllato la data sul mio PC e gli altri dispositivi ed è corretta. Ho controllato le mie porte. Va tutto bene. Ho disattivato l'impostazione del proxy all'interno dell'app ma resta il messaggio di errore. 

L'unica soluzione è tornare alla versione precedente, ma se lo faccio, l'app si aggiornerà da sola, quindi si torna al punto da capo. 

Quando sarà risolto il bug ?

E' possibile disattivare gli aggiornamenti automatici ? 

Betty_boop45
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Just did Walter's 'step through' guide on page 23...IT'S WORKED!!!!

ingranite
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I followed the steps and now is working fine, thank you!

ReneMo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It works, but why does the issue suddenly occur with a Dropbox update?

JACKAMUS1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This worked for me. 

Alancz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

There was a problem: Failed to establish secure connection
although the system time is correct. it came up a few days ago and before that everything worked fine. Operating system Windows 10.

Dropbox 111.4.472 version

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for all your updates here everyone!

If you haven't seen the earlier suggestions here, please try installing the beta version of the desktop app from here.

If you're still getting this error with the beta version of the app, and you're running ESET on your computer too, please check out Walter's post here.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mauro BZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ho lo stesso problema. Segnalato anche io nella Community. 

Team Dropbox, please resolve. 

US8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, 
After update to ver. 111 I have this error :
Can't establish secure connection. Make Sure the Date and Time of Your Computer Are Set Correctly.

I tried almost everything:
No proxy 
Disable my eset and allow ports.
Checked and updateing my date and time even from microsoft servers (win 7.) and in Dropbox settings same time zone

One thing did the job "for now" is to install old ver. 100 from July.  But it seems to update automatically.
Can Dropbox supoort please fix the problem with all new ver. ?
Thanks

Need more support?