cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox can't establish a secure internet connection

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

OLeary
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Dropbox can't establish a secure internet connection and has stopped syncing files, I have followed all the help options to no avail. Can you please help

lynch_se
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm in the exact same situation. Although it worked a couple of days ago. Win 10. Done everytihing that has been suggested in the forum. Following this thread.

jbsskinsfan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just recently I started getting this error.  I use eset internet security, and both their recommendations and the dropbox recommendations that I have found here that attempt to address this issue, do not work.  It is unfortunate that dropbox makes it so difficult to get help for this poor design on their product, but in any event I would appreciate someone providing a fix.

Chair sky
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same situation since two days ago.

fakebek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After last update Dropbox PC app is not running. It says there is no internet connection.

I just reinstalled Dropbox to older version and it seemed to work untill in got auto-updated.

I thought Dropbox is conflicting with my Nod32 antivirus. So I totally shout down, even uninstall it. Dropbox PC app still not working.

Ruben986
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yo también tengo ese mismo problema ya desinstale y nada

manfrednt
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Has anyone solved this problem? I have the same I can't connect to Dropbox on two different computers

TheShine
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi all.

I am getting a error that I see is quite common in last few days.

"dropbox can't make a secure connection because your date and time are incorrect"

We made sure that our date and time are 100% correct and tried every trick with the anti virusus and firewalls including completly shutting them down but the problem is persisting.

It seems like Dropbox support are not helping a lot since they keep telling the same things over and over that we tried three days ago.

Nothing seems to work.

We are Windows 10 and 111.4.472 dropbox version.

Has anyone had any success in fixing this problem?

Thanks all.

laliloo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have received such error notice that the date and time on my computer is incorrect. 

I've searched for the problem and solution indicated is to turn the proxy settings to no proxy.

I have done the same and restarted and reinstalled dropbox as well, but dropbox hasn't started working.

Also i subsequently turned off my antivirus and disable firewall etc, but dropbox still doesn't work. 

May i know if anyone can provide a solution to this?

Donna7752
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks a lot, Daphne.

I haven't attempted the Beta version yet, but I do have ESET NOD 32 installed. Is there something I can do to correct whatever this antivirus may be doing to block connection to DB?

Also: will this problem be corrected in the next release and how long will it be before it comes out? Having DB working on other devices means It's not totally urgent for me.

Need more support?