cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish a secure connection - date and time incorrect

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

tonynz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Afternoon all

Came to report same issue.  Date and time is correct, no proxy settings.  Keep changing Proxy in prefrences from Auto to off, but it reverts back when I exit Dropbox and then reopen.

Turned off automatically detect settings in Windows 10 settings.  The setting in dropbox constantly reverts back to auto.  Saw the post about trying the beta build. Will check that out now.

Edit - Worked!

asuss06
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

PERFECT!!!!!   downloaded the Beta and all is excellent now!  thank you so much.

Ehsan-sobh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

drop.jpg

The new version of Dropbox is like this for me, can you help me?

mauz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Ehsan-sobh download the latest beta update, that one is working while they fix

michaelb83
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

hi everyone. for the last 2 days my Dell laptop says it cant establish a secure internet connection due to my time and date settings are wrong. i have no idea whats going on as these settings are correct. i have never had this issue before thanks!

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@michaelb83 

The current version is broken.

Try the beta mentioned here. Worked for me.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277 

igiuscal
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Here the issue is: dropbox cant establish a secure internet connection

I've installed last beta version and ow it works.

Donna7752
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I too have this problem - for the first time in 12 years of use.

Since Saturday Dec. 5th, I get the error immediately from the PC desktop app when it's trying to connect. I too have tried most everything with no luck. I can access Dropbox online BUT ALSO ON THE OTHER 2 DEVICES (Notebooks) I HAVE IT ON! There, no problems!

Is my PC perhaps the 'parent' device? But then why no difficulties on other devices?

What to do? And don't say to chat as it's useless...you can't explain anything to a computer!

BTW I only have 'basic' Dropbox. Is upgrading nedded to resolve?

Thanks

seriousnick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

On version 111.4.472, Windows 10 Pro ver 2004, OS build 19041.630

I have had the above error for a few days and searched for answers.

I have tried the "no proxy" (although every time Dropbox restarts, either manually or when computer restarts) it reverts to Auto Detect.

I have turned off all AV and firewall.

I have reset clock on router, bios and system.

I unchecked all the LAN boxes in internet options.

I have ensured ports 80 and 443 are accessible.

I have successfully logged into the Web dropbox.

I have reinstalled Dropbox.

None of the above have enabled the app to connect.

Today I have backdated to version 108.4.453 - which immediately updated itself to 111 again with the same symptoms.

So finally, I unistalled again, reinstalled version 108, but before continuing the install, I prevented the auto update by renaming the updaters in Program Files.

I am now successfully running again - albeit with an older version.

Are there known issues in ver 111?

Any insight gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Nick

ilyasukhman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you, Daphne. Beta is works

Need more support?