cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Can't open the Dropbox desktop application on Mac OS 13.4

Can't open the Dropbox desktop application on Mac OS 13.4

MountainDog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Upgrade my Macbook Pro from 2018 to a new 2023 Macbook Pro M2. Installed the latest version of DB,, and the app crashes after a few minutes. However, I installed an older Intel version and it r,uns without crashing. I am a paying customer of DB. Tried running the adv reinstall (https://help.dropbox.com/installs/advanced-reinstall), and it installed the Intel version. Which is seems stable. Ideally, I would like to run DB natively. Open to suggestions and ideas.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 3.33.41 PM.png

ā€ƒ

M2 Proc

76 Replies 76

ongtastic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have a M1 Max MacBook Pro running 13.4. I am experiencing the same silent crash. I am constantly reinstalling DB to try to get DB to function again. It functions from a few seconds to a few minutes. I see the same ā€œnot respondingā€ note on Activity Monitor. This issues seems to have come up very recently like yesterday or today.

Nicholas Mercer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there..... I appear to have a similar problem... Dropbox keeps closing. Happened out of the blue.... It was working fine and when I looked 30 mins later it had closed. I had not installed anything or done anything different other than scan some pages to my dropbox folder which I had done hundreds of times before. Reinstalled Dropbox from the website........ It opens as normal and then within a minute just closes. Tried doing this a few times. Once it got all the way through indexing (45,000 files)and then a few moments later again just closed. Point at which it closes appears to be random. I am using MacOS Ventura 13.4

Help please.....

MAstilleroF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Same problem. Dropbox just stopped running and the app does not open anymore. A disaster. MAF.

edgarbrito
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same thing here. Dropbox is not working in any Mac OS computer. How will dropbox fix this?

jdshaffer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Exact same problem here... Dropbox suddenly stopped working on all my M1 Mac computers -- MacMini, iMac, and Macbook Air.

All machines are up to date with the latest software and running MacOS 13.4.

If I delete the app, reboot, and reinstall then it will work for a few minutes, then quits.

rggm1971
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same as all the other people have posted.

Does not work on any of my Mac's Two of them running Ventura and one still on Monterey (now also updated as it started on that machine with my Dropbox issues). The only way to get it temporarily working is installing the app again. 

It installs 176.4.5108. then it upgrades to  178.2.762 and goes all bad from there. There is no way to stop the auto-update (as per the FAQ on the support pages but it is killing the app at the moment). It is taking way too long update quickly or rollback the update. 

Richard H.11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've been running 13.4 for some time. As of this morning, Dropbox simply won't launch - it just sits in Activity monitor, showing that it's not responding

Douglas B.10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

While it starting working again last night. Dropbox wasn't working this morning. I am now reinstalling Dropbox and turning off the early release option to see if that works.

Richard H.11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same here. Some time ago, I'd had to switch on "install early releases" in Dropbox, because they hadn't updated their release for new versions of MacOS. I just switched it off, downloaded and installed the stable app and it's now fine. Like many people, Dropbox seems to have lost the habit of actually testing before going to beta

bhak
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same problem here.  Runs happily in 12.6.6 upstairs.  On Ventura.  Nope.  I wonder if I should have accepted the beta experience that always pops up with I am in a hurry to finish something off.  Hard to tell.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bhak Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    RossN New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Cashcow3 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?