cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox for S mode

dropbox for S mode

neil10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, is dropbox S mode a cut down version? I used to have a really good version to my mind (recently upgraded), but I had to uninstall and reinstall windows and am now struggling. My usual access, although alloows me to view, doesnt allow edit. I tried to reinstall and seem only to have the S mode version available? is this my only option? I can edit in S mode, but functionality seems more limited and design lacking. thanks...I'm a W10 user. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@neil10 wrote:

Hi, is dropbox S mode a cut down version? ... My usual access, although alloows me to view, doesnt allow edit. I tried to reinstall and seem only to have the S mode version available?

Think of Dropbox for S Mode as a mobile Dropbox client. It doesn't sync files the same way as the full desktop application does. If you install Dropbox from the Microsoft store, you'll only get the S Mode app. Instead, you want to download and install Dropbox from the website.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@neil10 wrote:

Hi, is dropbox S mode a cut down version? ... My usual access, although alloows me to view, doesnt allow edit. I tried to reinstall and seem only to have the S mode version available?

Think of Dropbox for S Mode as a mobile Dropbox client. It doesn't sync files the same way as the full desktop application does. If you install Dropbox from the Microsoft store, you'll only get the S Mode app. Instead, you want to download and install Dropbox from the website.

neil10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

thanks, I've struggled with that one, appreciate your help 

Phorvath
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks. That Dropbox for S Mode is entirely useless. I was pulling my hair out thinking I was going to have to move all of my files to another service! Amazing that you have to select “install from other than Microsoft Store” then warns you that you may be installing an incompatible app that may not work. I’m genuinely appalled. I really like Dropbox, have used you for years and years both for business and personal. Thanks for providing a work around for Microsoft!

jabowery
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I fell into this trap as well.   It's entirely to be expected that as monopoly positions mature, they become less responsive to their customers.  

Pete R
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I click the link to download direct from Dropbox, it opens up the S mode app. 🤬🤬

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Pete R - that usually means your machine is only capable of running S-mode

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Pete R
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can take it out of S mode, but it gives me this message. It may just be a frightener!!!

PeteR_0-1672958696170.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pete R New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    jabowery Helpful | Level 5
    Phorvath Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?