cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it not possible to download a file easily on to IPAD???

Why is it not possible to download a file easily on to IPAD???

samillustration
Explorer | Level 4

Now and again I need to download my sound files onto Audio share or Ipads download folder but I always have this issue which is you can't download anything onto the Ipad, why is this??  Why is there no button that indicates a downloading option? it seems utterly bizarre to me.  Apparently there used to be an export option, where is it now?  I understand that 'sharing' your file is a potential option but it only lets me share the file via email or share a link.  I don't want to do that, I just want to download the **bleep** file, this is bonkers!  Does Dropbox not want you to access your own files on the ipad??

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting here, @samillustration

You should be able to download/export your files to your local device via the mobile app (by selecting the “Save to device” option). 

Can you please send me a screenshot of the options you see on your iPad, so that I can have a look?

Keep me posted.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?