cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Dropbox on Android phone. .psafe3 files cant be previewed msg appears

Using Dropbox on Android phone. .psafe3 files cant be previewed msg appears

RGW44
New member | Level 2

Using Dropbox on Android phone.   msg appears .psafe3 files cant be previewed. Same msg for all Dropbox file types. How do I clear this msg?

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RGW44, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In general, msg files can't be previewed on Dropbox, either via the site or mobile app, and you'll need a third party app or service to view those files.

Just to clarify, are you getting this message for files such as images, videos and documents? 

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RGW44
New member | Level 2

I am getting this message when trying to open files, not previewing messages from an app called Password Safe. Up until a week ago I had no problem accessing these files. 

Rich
Super User II

@RGW44 wrote:

I am getting this message when trying to open files, not previewing ....

That is the expected behavior in the app now. Tapping a file will first preview it. You then need to select "Open with..." from the ellipsis (three dots) menu. See this thread for more information.

gourken613
New member | Level 2

psafe3 files are encrypted password safe files. The app for using these files is PasswordSafe by Jeff Harris. If the app is installed, it should be able to browse for the various safes on the Android device, but it cannot find them. If you find the "available offline" file in dropbox and try to open it, it gives the message about not being able to view it, but up until recently if you then clicked the button, it would open the file in PasswordSafe. After the last or second last update went through this stopped working. Now you can't open the file from dropbox and you can't browse for the file from the PasswordSafe application. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gourken613 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    RGW44 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?