cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to download my Backup but won't let me. Error "too many zip files".

Trying to download my Backup but won't let me. Error "too many zip files".

allenjazz94
New member | Level 2

I have 1.5 Tb of files "backed up" that Is in my account but I don't know how to download it, because every time I press download, it says "error, too many zip files tried to download". I really need to get those files back on my local external hard drive please help. I really need what's under the "backup" section to be under the "normal account files" with all my regular files in my dropbox account. Please Help I'm so frustrated and never want to use "back up" again.

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @allenjazz94, let's jump right into this! 

As a first step, would you be able to check your Backup page online, and let me know if the feature is currently enabled? 

Have you tried downloading the content in small bunches, since this might be the culprit of the error you're getting? 1.5TB of content all at once isn't something that the website can handle. 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

allenjazz94
New member | Level 2

Yes I can see that " Back up" is available, I just need to have regular access to all the files that have now been moved to "Back up" that is the main problem. So if someone from dropbox can move my 1.5 TB of data back into my regular "dropbox" view that would solve everything because then I would have access again to do whatever I want with my files. Right now I have no control over my files. I can't download or delete them... SO frustrating. paying for an annual subscription mean while my entire data is not accessible. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @allenjazz94, thanks for your feedback on this.

We can't really move your backed up files to your main Dropbox, but you can download them from your backups page in batches, like Megan suggested, and move them there manually.

I will however, pass your comments along to our team, so we appreciate you taking the time to post about this.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    allenjazz94 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?