cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video Color Issues

The color of my videos changes after being added to Dropbox.

Doug1580
Explorer | Level 4
Lately when I have downloaded videos from my iphone 12 to the dropbox app the color in the videos have been distorted and not clear. Does anyone have a fix for this? This is also happening with my wife’s iphone to the dropbox app.
Thank you.
14 Replies 14

Doug1580
Explorer | Level 4
I cleared the cache, deleted the app, turned the phone on and off, reinstalled the app, redownloaded a couple videos and it’s the same thing
One video is 18.3 MB

Not sure if this will make sense but before I push the play button the color is normal, then when pressing play that’s when it’s much more vibrant and blurry, the color is distorted.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Doug1580!

As @arc_land mentioned above -one of our Dropbox Staff- it seems our attention is aware of this, and already working on a solution.

Hang tight, and we'll let you know of any further updates! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Doug1580
Explorer | Level 4
Do you have any timeline for the solution? Thanks

Megan
Dropbox Staff

At the moment we don't have info as to when this will be restored, but we're doing the best that we can to make sure everything is back to normal.

Once we have more info, we'll make sure to update this thread, thanks! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

chuckyatx
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

I'm having the same issue.  I also have an iPhone 12 and when my .MOV videos load onto Dropbox, they become reddish and color changes. I have loaded videos from my Sony camera (.MP4), and no issue.  Also, when I look at the iPhone video on my phone, it looks great.  I'm attaching screenshot from Dropbox and then from my iPhone.

iPhone video on DBiPhone video on DBiPhone video on iPhoneiPhone video on iPhoneSony Camera video on DBSony Camera video on DB

Need more support?