cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Videos from DB to iPhone and Uploading to YouTube.

Saving Videos from DB to iPhone and Uploading to YouTube.

ummhumm
New member | Level 2

Hello Everyone,

I am sure I am in the wrong place, but does anyone have any experience with issues of downloading a video from DB to your iPhone, then uploading the video to YT?

I don't have any issues saving the video from DB to my phone/library. BUT when I go to YT to upload the video, it is not in my photo library. I recently updated my iPhone iOS to 17, and have not been able to do this since iOS 14, or ever, honestly. The video files are mp4s.  And I have tested this on another iPhone, the same model and iOS, and it works fine.

I have a client that had videos made by another vendor, and when I download the videos from DB to my phone, I am able to upload them on Instagram, Twitter, or FB. I just find it strange that I can't upload/see any videos in my photo library that are not recorded by my phone to YT. 

Thanks in advance for any help!
Erin

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ummhumm, let's jump into this! 

If I understand the situation correctly, it sounds like you can see the files locally in the device when you open your library, it's just when you try to upload them to YouTube that you have issues, right? 

if not, feel free to correct me. 

Now, if the files download and you can see them on your phone, then it'd be outside of the scope of our Support, I'm afraid. 

Since the videos download locally from Dropbox without an issue, and you can see them in your library, I believe the issue lies on the YouTube end. 

Even though I can't exactly guide you, maybe try clearing the YouTube's cache, or try uninstalling, then re-installing it. In any case, I do think it's best that you contact YouTube and ask for more guidance.

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ummhumm
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan, yes, you understand correctly! I didn't think I was in the right place, but there is nothing available for my unique situation! I have tried deleting and reinstalling the YT app, but there is no change. It is sooo strange!

Anyway, thanks for your reply... Hopefully it will sort out!
Erin

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ummhumm New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?