cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery of old files

Recovery of old files

Krleighton
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I went to view my wedding photos and they are GONE! If I use the old link that I saved in my email it says "This type of link is not supported" HELP!!!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Krleighton wrote:
I went to view my wedding photos and they are GONE! If I use the old link that I saved in my email it says "This type of link is not supported" HELP!!!

Is this the link you received from the photographer? If so, did you save the files to your own account? The link you received would be a link to the files in their account, and if they remove the files then the link would no longer work. You would have needed to download or save the files to your own account in order to keep your own copy.

If you're just using the link you received from the photographer, you'll need to go back to them and ask for a new link, assuming they still have the files.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Krleighton wrote:

Is this the link you received from the photographer? If so, did you save the files to your own account? The link you received would be a link to the files in their account, and if they remove the files then the link would no longer work. You would have needed to download or save the files to your own account in order to keep your own copy.

If you're just using the link you received from the photographer, you'll need to go back to them and ask for a new link, assuming they still have the files.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?