cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: organizational policy error

Organizational policy error when previewing Word files.

dfechser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have created a Word file on Dropbox from my PC. I can see the file on Dropbox on my Android phone and can open it with the default Dropbox viewer but cannot open it with Word.

When I attempt to open on my Android phone from within Word or using "Open with" inside Dropbox I get the following message: We couldn't apply organizational policies to give you access to your account because of an Intune service error. Please try again later.

I can open other Word docs that exist on Dropbox (that have been in Dropbox for awhile) with Word on my Android phone - this is the only file that gives me a problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dfechser wrote:

When I attempt to open on my Android phone from within Word or using "Open with" inside Dropbox I get the following message: We couldn't apply organizational policies to give you access to your account because of an Intune service error. Please try again later.

That's a Microsoft error, not Dropbox, and often related to the Mobile Device Management policies applied to a device by your employer. It looks like someone else had a similar issue and was able to resolve it themselves in this thread.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dfechser wrote:

That's a Microsoft error, not Dropbox, and often related to the Mobile Device Management policies applied to a device by your employer. It looks like someone else had a similar issue and was able to resolve it themselves in this thread.

dfechser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Your linked suggestion (reset Microsoft Office) worked great and was very easy. Thank you for this help!

Need more support?