cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Only one tab displaying in spreadsheets stored on Dropbox

Only one tab displaying in spreadsheets stored on Dropbox

maireadsullgolf
Helpful | Level 6

This morning when we open our spreadsheets on dropbox only one tab is being displayed and we can't access the other tabs on the sheet , if we download the file and open it all tabs are displayed. They spreadsheets are saved as xlsx files on Dropbox. 

Any idea's why this has suddenly happened ? All were fine yesterday

61 Replies 61

samspielman
New member | Level 2

Though clicking on A1 in the left corner is a workaround to navigate to existing tabs, it doesn't solve the problem long term. The tabs at the bottom popped up this morning for a second and then disappeared again. DROPBOX - do you have a resolution yet?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

HI all, I just wanted to mention that our team is looking into this and we'll follow up here once we have an update.

Thank you for your patience. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Craoibhin
Helpful | Level 6

Hi walter,

My tabs reappeared at some stage today, I kept the window open and all seemed ok. I logged out and logged back in there now and the tabs have disappeared again.  This is the 3rd day of this issue

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi everybody, 

Our team has made some changes, so please let us know if you're still having issues

To clarify: there is no data corruption (i.e., we are not treating the sheets as a range within a single file). This behavior seems to be our Google editor deprecation banner "hiding the sheets tab," and we'll be adjusting this soon.

Thank you for your feedback!

Sam 

maireadsullgolf
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Sam

All back to normal here now with multiple tabs displaying

Thanks for your help

Mairéad.

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Awesome, thanks for confirming @maireadsullgolf !

LuNoel
Helpful | Level 5

I have the same issue. Very frustrating. I have tried everything that I can think of . 

LuNoel
Helpful | Level 5

I have a total of ten tabs and only the first one shows up. So, whatever they did to fix did not completely take care of the issue. 

• This is as of 12/15/23 2:20 am eastern time

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LuNoel - sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or logging out of your account and then logging back in to see if that helps? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

LuNoel
Helpful | Level 5

I signed out of Dropbox and signed back in. I cleared my cache and browsing history... This makes no sense. I have two excel workbooks in the same folder in Dropbox with the same number of tabs (8 each). One of the workbooks functions properly and the other one will only open the first worksheet. The one that won't open is 1.51 MB and the one that opens is 500 KB. Could the file size have anything to do with it?  This is wasting so much time that I don't have to begin with, so I hope it is resolved soon. 

As i was typing this response I had one more idea to try. I went into Dropbox on the web and clicked UPLOAD and selected the file from my computer VERSUS dragging it into Dropbox and it is working now. So this must have something to do with the process of dragging the file into Dropbox. I hope this helps you resolve. 

Need more support?