cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Quicker access to “Save to Camera Roll” on iPhone

IOS app - Save to Device option is missing

windshear
New member | Level 2

Hi All!

I notice that on my iPhone in the Dropbox App, the option to "Save to Device" is missing when viewing Photos. Has it been removed or moved elsewhere?

It used to appear in the menu when you click the three dots at the top right corner. (See KB article here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs/export-files-mobile)

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I found it a very handy way of transferring photos from other devices to my phone to send to friends.

2024-04-12 19.38.07.jpg

8 Replies 8

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @windshear, and happy Friday!

From what I can see on my end (latest iOS and Dropbox version), you should be able to save a photo to your device, by following these steps:

1. Go to the "Files" tab
  2. Locate your photo and tap "..." on the right side of the photo's name
  3. Tap "Save image"

Otherwise, if you have the photo open, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. Tap "..." at the top right of the screen
  2. Tap "share"
  3. Tap "export a copy"
  4. Tap "export"
  5. and then "save image"

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, let me know!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

acediez
New member | Level 2
A recent update buried the “Save to Camera Roll” option for Photos into two or three additional commands (under Share, Export a Copy, etc.) This is pretty excessive for an option that’s universal for photo handling in pretty much every app, (including Dropbox, until recently.)
It’s confusing and tiresome when it needs to be done for several files. Please consider putting it back in the main menu! As well as “Save to Files” for other kinds of files.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your feedback, and for raising this. We're working on reimplementing the "Save To" option. We'll let you know when we make this change!

Thanks,

Ben

NJoyChase
Explorer | Level 4
Ben, please know this “save to devise” button is used a lot. Did it change on Android platform too or only ios? Glad team is working on it. Not having it is big impact on my photo work flow. Thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi all, could you try the latest version (374.2) of the mobile app on your iOS devices and let us know if this persists?  

Thanks so much! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

NJoyChase
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Walter, the save to devise is back. I am new to the forum and wanted to say thank you but could not find thread. I am glad you asked! Thank you and team who returned this function.

JEANETTE S.4
New member | Level 2

The export to device is also gone on my new iPhone. Dropbox > Export Image > Results are:
1. Print
2. Open in...
Add to New Quick Note
3. Sign With DocuSign
4. Save To Dropbox
Convert To Word.
5. Save to Files

Save IMAGE to Iphone is GONE!

Rich
Super User II

@JEANETTE S.4 wrote:

Save IMAGE to Iphone is GONE!

I still have it on mine, though I'm running the latest beta (v396.1.2). I'd check to make sure you're running the latest version, and if not, update.

Need more support?