cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I logged into dropbox from ipad, i saw files that didn't even belong to me

I logged into dropbox from ipad, i saw files that didn't even belong to me

Hydralisk
Explorer | Level 3

So basically on my ipad i logged into dropbox after a long while of not using it, and saw files that didn't belong to me, im not sure but they look like files that might have belonged to a professor whose class i was in years ago, i'm not 100% sure, but i then logged in to dropbox through my phone and later see those files disappeared.  Why is it i saw those files in the first place, and are my own files pretty much safe from being seen by other people, some of those files are private im worried my being able to see files that didn't belong to me might mean someone else could get to and see files that are mine.

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Hydralisk - thanks for posting on our Community and happy Friday!

Is it possible that you're using two different accounts on your iPad and iPhone, associated with different email addresses of yours?

if you happen to have a screenshot at hand, please send that on as well, so that we can have a look too.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?