cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I couldn't open a specific file on my computer to send over to a customer.

I couldn't open a specific file on my computer to send over to a customer.

r_west999
New member | Level 2

Hello Dropbox community.

I've been having a specific issue with my computer/Dropbox recently. The computer would not open a specific file I was trying to send to a customer of mine (didn't work either when opening in the dropbox folder or when dragged to outlook). I moved on to a different task and went back after about 10 minutes and it somehow worked with no problems. I had looked in the "Search" at the bottom of the screen and could see the file, however, when I went to click it, it just wouldn't respond/open the file yet I couldn't see the file in my Dropbox or when I tried to add it to the email to the customer. Again.. 10 minutes later and it worked just fine. It's a very odd problem and can't seem to figure what could be going on.

Any ideas?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @r_west99 ! Thanks for posting on our Community today. 

To be honest, it’s hard to be sure if the issue doesn’t persist anymore. Is this something that has happened multiple times lately or just this one time? 

If you notice something similar again, feel free to attach a couple of screenshots of what you see on your end and we’ll be happy to look into this further. 

For anything else, I’ll be right here.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?