cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't download more than 10 files - I get an error that the folder name isn't valid.

I can't download more than 10 files - I get an error that the folder name isn't valid.

Paula H
New member | Level 2

Hello all! I'm trying to download files from Dropbox because we've switched to another system. Dropbox is now threatening to delete all files after 21 September if we don't upgrade so I'm trying to migrate them.

It won't allow for a mass download - I get an error message saying the folder name isn't valid. So I downloaded 5 folders first - everything is ok. I did another 5 and that went ok as well. I tried again, and go the message that the folder name isn't valid.  So...

1) is there a limit on how many downloads one can make a day?

2) If not, what am I doing wrong, and is there a workaround?

3) Does the community have other suggestions to share?

Thanks in advance,

Paula H

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting about this on the forum, @Paula H!

I'm guessing you're downloading your files via the Dropbox website, correct? If yes, the current downloading limit for folders is 250GB or fewer than 10k files. However, there’s no daily limitation. 

What’s the size of the folders you’re trying to download in bulk, before getting this error message? Can you send me a screenshot of it? 

Other than that, you can test this on a different browser or, if you have the desktop app installed and you know it had previously synced all of your files/folders locally, you can drag and drop them to the location of your choice on your device. 

Let me know how it goes.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Paula H
New member | Level 2

Thanks Nancy,

I'll give it a go in another browser and let you know how it goes. I can't seem to see the size of the files I'm trying to download. It doesn't have it in the file information.

--P

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Keep me in the loop, Paula! You can also calculate the size of your files/folders this way.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Paula H New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?