cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can no longer access photos that were sent to me in a shared link

I can no longer access photos that were sent to me in a shared link

KHawkins54
New member | Level 2

Hello all. I paid for a photo shoot in Barcelona with my family, and they shared the finished photos in Dropbox. I created an acct and was able to access my photos. Wonderful. However its now been a few months and they are no longer showing in my acct on my PC anywhere. It is also stating that i have nothing in my recently deleted section. When I look at the Dropbox app on my phone i have the file listed under "Viewed Links" but when I click on it, it says Cannot Display Link. This link does not exist. Have I lost my photos for good?? 😞

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@KHawkins54 wrote:

I paid for a photo shoot ... and they shared the finished photos in Dropbox. ... However its now been a few months and they are no longer showing in my acct ...

It sounds like you were accessing the photos through a shared link that the photographer sent you. If you didn't save those files to your account (or download them to your computer), then you would have been accessing them directly from the photographer's account via the link. If the photographer later removes the link or deletes the files, they're no longer accessible.

In this case, you need to go back to the photographer and ask them to provide a new link to the files. Be sure to actually download them (or save them to your account) so you don't lose access to them in the future.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?